If your question is not listed please contact us.
- How much does it cost to post a job on Chinwag Jobs?
- How do I go about buying credits for my account?
- Can I have multiple users on one account?
- Do you do discounts?
- How do you take payment?
- What type of jobs can I post?
- Is there a limit on job posts?
- What happens when I go over it?
- How often can I post a job?
- Is it OK to post the same job more than once?
- How long will my job advert appear on the website?
- How can I promote my company? Do you have other advertising?
- How many people will see my job advert?
- On average, how many people apply per job?
- What sort of people visit Chinwag Jobs?
- What statistics can I get about my job postings?
- I hear you're good at making coffee, what's the best variety?
- Why are you better than other jobs boards I advertise on?
- How can I make my company stand out?
- Can I run a specific campaign for a whole bunch of recruitment
- How often do you allow new advertisers to run a campaign?
- Do I have to pay VAT if my company is based outside the UK?
- Do charities have to pay VAT on their purchases?
- When I registered, I didn't receive my verification code,
how do I get a new one?
1. How much does it cost to post a job on Chinwag Jobs?
It costs £129 + VAT for a single job posting. For full details, why not download our ratecard.
Buy Online before March 2007 and save a whopping 23%
Pay only £99 for a single job advert, buy 3 or more jobs and save even more!
2. How do I go about buying credits for my account?
"You can buy credits online once you have registered an account.
Alternatively if you prefer to speak with one of our sales team do give us a
call on +44 7480 137465. You may also want to download a copy of our
3. Can I have multiple users on one account?
Yes, no problem! Just log in, click My Account (top right hand side) and then click Add a User - and off you go! There is no extra charge, you may have as many users under your account as you like.
4. Do you do discounts?
We do discounts on bulk purchases and also special subscription accounts for companies posting large volumes of jobs per month.
5. How do you take payment?
We take payment by credit card (excluding Amex) via our online system. We
can also offer credit accounts and invoicing options to larger accounts,
please call us for details +44 7480 137465.
6. What type of jobs can I post?
You can post any jobs you like (if you have the available job credit), so long as they conform to the terms laid out in our Terms and Conditions. As a quick reference, job postings:
- must be for a real job that is open for application
- must contain one job per posting
- musn't contain offensive context
- musn't contain any libelous context
7. Is there a limit on job posts?
If you have a subscription account you can buy a block of jobs at a discounted rate and is strongly recommended for recruiters who are posting 10 or more jobs each month. If you have any other type of account you will be able to post as many jobs as you have pre-purchased.
8. What happens when I go over the number of jobs in my subscription?
If you purchase a subscription, you will be alerted when you reach the limit. You then have the option to continue posting at a special rate for each vacancy.
9. How often can I post a job?
You may post different jobs as often as you like.
10. Is it OK to post the same job more than once?
Multiple posting of the same job in a 7 day period will be removed from the website to ensure that the boards aren't spammed with superfluous postings.
11. How long will my job advert appear on the website?
Your job posting will remain on the website for 45 days.
12. How can I promote my company? Do you have other advertising?
You can advertise on Chinwag Jobs by purchasing a 120×90 pixel button that will click through to your website. You can also buy advertising on the other Chinwag email lists, and web pages. If you have a special advertising requirement for a specific recruitment drive or other reason please get in touch with our sales team who will be happy to accommodate your requirements.
13. How many people will see my job advert?
There are currently 2,000 subscribers to the email list, with an average forward rate per job of 10% (in other words, for every job you post, 2,000 people see it, plus an extra 200 people receive it as a direct recommendation from a friend or colleague). These subscribers are all within the new media circuit meaning you can be sure to reach your target audience.
On top of that there are 20,000 visitors to the Chinwag Jobs section of the Chinwag website. When our new design and functionality are launched we anticipate this growing substantially.
14. On average, how many people apply per job?
Different job postings receive different application rates. Also, the way in which a job posting is written can hugely influence the amount of respondents. Should you be interested in finding out more about ways to write your job description or want us to write it for you - please get in touch.
15. What sort of people visit Chinwag Jobs?
Our audience is predominantly from the new media sector. However, we welcome all users!
16. What statistics can I get about my job postings?
You will eventually be able to track almost everything about your job posting, but initially we aim to provide you with:
- the amount of views to your posting
- the amount of applications
- search terms used to get to that posting
- the times people are looking at your posting
- how many times your posting has been sent to a friend
17. I hear you're good at making coffee, what's the best variety?
We're a fluffy bunch at Chinwag Jobs, and love Café Direct's coffee range for caffetieres. It's Fair Trade too, so you get to feel even better about your cup of coffee. For espresso machines we suggest Café Torino or Aroma blend from the Algerian Coffee shop on Old Compton Street. Try it, you'll see what we mean!
18. Why are you better than other jobs boards I advertise on?
We pride ourselves on being a well connected job posting service. Not only do we have a jobs service, but we have a 10 year old new media community that knows and plugs into the jobs section of our website. Our applicants are much more applicable to your vacancies than you would receive from posting on a nationwide general jobs boards. We're also well known in the industry for carrying the best jobs out there, so our candidates know where to come when looking for their next move.
19. How can I make my company stand out?
Try painting it purple. Failing that, give your recruitment services for free.
20. Can I run a specific campaign for a whole bunch of recruitment needs?
Yes, see FAQ 12.
21. How often do you allow new advertisers to run a campaign?
Our current advertisers run on a monthly basis. We review their needs quarterly, and renegotiate contracts then.
22. Do I have to pay VAT if my company is based outside the UK?
Happily, if your company is based outside of the UK then we don't have to charge you VAT
(Value Added Tax)
on your purchases from Chinwag. However, if you're based inside the European Union (EU), we'll need a valid VAT number.
This is a requirement of the Inland Revenue in the UK and believe us, they're not to be messed with. If you're outside
the EU, then you're off the hook and we don't need to collect details other than the address for your business. If you
have any queries, ask us about VAT.
23. Do charities have to pay VAT on their purchases?
The good news is that for registered charity's based in the UK, there is VAT exemption for advertising sales on Chinwag Jobs.
If you want to be exempted from paying VAT as a charity, you will need to fill in your registered charity number. You can edit
or add this in the view/edit company page. The Inland Revenue also provides
on charities and VAT, which you might find useful. If you're based outside of the UK, see
How do I avoid paying VAT?.
Registration & Login
When I registered, I didn't receive my verification
code, how do I get a new one?
To be extra safe, our system sends out a unique verification code to everyone
who registers on Chinwag Jobs. Sometimes, these emails get trapped in spam filters
or deleted by over-eager system administrators. Fortunately, we have a handy
tool, which you can use to get
a verification email re-sent to you. To make sure that emails from Chinwag
Jobs always reach you, it's a good idea to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your whitelist
or add as a safe sender. Contact
us if you have any problems.
We would love to hear any features you would like to see appear on Chinwag Jobs.
We'll consider all requests and let you know if we will do it, and if we do, you'll get a nice packet of coffee and some very special chocolate as a thank you for being an honoury member of the Thought Brigade.